Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Printer Compatibility
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 06:34:47 +0200

Bryant,

I second Robert's recommendation for an Epson Photo EX. It is the same as
the 700 except that it prints up to A3 instead of A4 (i.e. 11x17 vs.
8.5x11). You will like the flexibility of being able to print the bigger
size when required. Either of these printers will use a normal parallel
port, which your computer has. Exactly what type of port (enhanced, etc.)
does not really matter. The worst that can happen is that you cannot fully
use the Epson Status Monitor, a piece of software that lets you see how much
ink is left in the cartridges etc. But you will always be able to print.

Nathan

Bryant Terry wrote:

> Okay, okay.  So I'm coal bucket dumb.  I still don't want to buy a photo
> printer and not be able to use it.
>
> I happened into a HP negative scanner this week because of a computer
> incompatibility (thanks Ken) and now its got me to wanting a matching
> printer.  I'm thinking an Epson 700 Photo or maybe the newer 750.  My
> ancient computer (3 years old) only talks ISA and PCI stuff, I think.
> So what's an IEEE 1284 and this USB stuff??  Can I get them to
> communicating.  Do they make special adapters??  If I get a printer that
> fits my current computer, do I have to trash it when I finally get a
> computer that uses the IEEE stuff and the USB connectors??
>
> Sure this is on topic.  I spent the weekend fetching through and
> scanning negatives I haven't seen in over twenty years.  It was like
> visiting with old friends. : )  Yes, a goodly portion of them were taken
> with my M4 and 35/50/90 lenses.
>
> Any help or advise you could steer my way would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bryant

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium