Subject: [Leica] Exhibit
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:04:25 -0700

I've mostly been lurking the past two months because of so much printing to
do, along with the rest of life.

However, all that printing has resulted in a new exhibit at the Ansel Adam's
Gallery at Swanlund's Camera here in Eureka, CA (527 F Street). My color
landscape Cibachromes are hanging right along with one of the finest
collections of Adams prints to be found. A local collector built a beautiful
upstairs gallery that has had as many as 30 original Adams prints on display
at one time. He rotates them occasionally and also invites local
photographers to display work there.  So the pressure was certainly on to do
my best. Five of my photos are aerial landscapes from the project with the
Coast Guard helicopters.

By posting an announcement to the LUG about my exhibit at the Eureka Inn
last year, I was able to meet one very fine LUGger who was travelling
through. Greg Achenbach called and we spent a very enjoyable evening
together here, then I visited him and his family at last year's LHSA meeting
in Denver.

So if any other LUGgers are travelling US101, take a look and look me up.
The exhibit is still at the Eureka Inn, I also have work on display now at
Merryman's Restaurant in Westhaven, and all 160 16x20 Cibachromes are framed
and ready to hang at the new Holiday Inn next to the Eureka/Arcata airport.
They should be opening sometime this month.

Most of the images were taken with my M6, a few with 4x5. Yes, Ted, I have
been following your very good advice, taking and printing lots of Leica
photos! Now I just have to figure out how to do both that and post more
often to the LUG.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger