Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 rangefinder adjustment
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:55:22 -0300

Every thing will be similiar except for the electronics.  It does give you
a great respect for not taking your camera apart.  It shows test methods
for shutter timing, rangefinder alignment and etc as well.

By looking at the test method for timing the shutter curtains, I could see
that the method somebody used to test a new M6 using an occiliscope and
some sort of sensor was wrong and he came to the wrong conclusions
regarding curtain travel.  The shutters are set up with a special light
drum, where you opseve a pattern when you adjust the speeds.  There is no
picture of the device, but I assume it is a spinning drum with a patern on
it that you see using a strobe when the shutter fires.  Sort of like a
timing light for a car.  There may be a simpler way now.

Regards,

Robert