Subject: Re: [Leica] New M-6 Version - now official
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:03:58 +0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Dan Cardish wrote:
> >
> > Maybe 'more comfort' means nothing more than a builtin hand-grip?
> >
> > Dan C.
> >
> I fear they mean a hinge back with more traditional loading. And a
> general rubberizaion of the extremities!

Mwell, the rubberization is a bit ambiguous, but as to the hinge back...
I love those! And I want an electronic shutter and .... Okay, let's not
get repetitive: I want *all* the electronics of the R8 in an M camera.
And the magnification factor of the rangefinder window must change in
accordance with each lens. It will be a mini R8 without slapping mirror.
Winder is optional, but the motor-drive will probably be due only by
2007, unless it's outsourced to people who know what they're doing.
(Sorry, even though I'm fine with the winder and not in the market for
the elusive motor-drive, I can't cope with the thought that my favorite
camera maker would put out a "system", without the essential element for
a huge number of photographers).

Bernard.