Subject: [Leica] Re: camera bags and theft
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 99 10:52:37 EDT

Someone gave me a tip, based on how another person allegedly labelled his
hard camera case to discourage theft.  It had bright orange stickers with
skull and crossbones marked "Contamination Danger.  Biological Specimens".
I've been tempted to use this, but have worried about bringing carry-on
luggage marked in this fashion, to say nothing of what might happen in
customs.

Generally, I use expensive equipment where security risks seem low.  When
travelling in other areas, I take equipment that I can afford to lose.
Last year, this meant taking those "once in a lifetime" photos in Cambodia
with a cheap Rollei 35 clone and an old medium format folder.  On the plus
side, I got a lot of shots of things that I wouldn't have gotten if I were
worried about somebody coveting my expensive equipment.

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca