Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: New M-6 Version - now official
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 11:00:16 -0400

> Ken,    one was not able to use leica cassettes anymore. Also the little
>button on the right hand side (looking from the front),
>was missing. This button held the flash bracket. I used it to enable me to
>screw my tripod in to the centre of the Leica.       Horst Schmidt

Horst: You are correct about most M6 not taking the cassette UNLESS y0ou
simply replace the baseplate with one from an M4, M42 or M4P. I would also
like the locating lug but find I can use the flash bracket without it. I
don't trust my Benser baseplate with out the locating pin with a heavy lens.

Ken Wilcox
Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>