Subject: Re: [Leica] Deterioration of slide images
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 09:58:05 -0700

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:
><snip>
>  The old Kodachrome was either E.I. 6 or 10 but he had some action shots of
> the kids squirting water from their mouths that had most of the action
> stopped.><snip>

On a side note about the "slow" ASA I photographed a model at Sauvies
Island with Mt St Helens in the backgroud right before it blew it's
snowcone off (the next week). She was standing in the water. I was
shooting Kodachrome 25. I could have used 64 at that time.
Over my 105 2.5 Nikkor lens on my Nikon FM was a filterpack of an 81b or
C filter, a polarizer and a  number one tiffen fog filter. She splashed
in the water and looked great (for the period). It was hand held. My
effective ASA or E.I. I figured out later was the same as early
Kodachrome: E.I. 6 or 10. The sun was out. No problemo.
Now I get antsy with 100 only feel secure with 400 and would rather have
800 but would love 1600. Our cravings for speed have no basis in
reality! What's wrong with our minds?
Mark :-) Rabiner