Subject: Re: [Leica] M7
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 18:22:28 -0700

Bernard wrote:

> Dan Cardish wrote:
>
> > My reading of the quote has it that Herr Cohn is unwillingly produce
> > an M7, not that he is unable to.
><snip>If it's a technology
> problem, then perhaps it's long due time Mr Cohn should ask Nikon
> engineers to lend a hand, at a fee?
>
> Bernard
>
> > Dan C.

Bernard:
"Herr Cohn should ask Nikon engineers to lend a hand, at a fee?"
Gentleman and ladies start your flame throwers. You are asserting that
no M7 indicates a lack of resources on the part of Leica.
A question might be:
Why do we need a 7 what's wrong with the 6 not enough like your F5 go
shoot with your lousy F5.
Calm down Mark.
Part of the problem is you are combining the needs of the R system
against the M system. While the R system is slightly "classic" with no
AF the M is WAY "classic" with no nothin. It's value is in it's
simplicity. Will Nikon Engineers be able improve on this level of
classic simplicity? No, that is not their particular bag.
Mark Rabiner