Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:20:35 -0500

>On topic...Though I use and admire the R system, I think Leica will
>eventually have to compete at this level.  Would an R8, even with motor, and
>in the hands of an experienced user yeild as many usable photos as the EOS1n
>in this case?  I wonder.

Good point, Jim.

But the big question is: does Leica really want to compete?

Pascal

Pascal,

I think the real question is: Does Leica really NEED to compete?

Given the plummeting R system sales (down over a third compared to a year
ago according to their quarterly financial reports, downloadable from
Leica's web site), I'd say the answer is yes, they do.

Larry