Subject: [Leica] Boating Pictures
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 06:58:07 -0300

Yesterday I took some time and shoot a few rolls of a sailboat race.  I was
using a 400 with 1.4x extender and found it pretty had to frame the images
because of the movment of the boat I was on.  When I developed the films, I
found some were badly frame and unsharp from camera movement.  I was using
a monopod, but of course the whole boat underneath me was moving a lot.

I used a R6 because of the motor and was shooting at 1/1000th and F5.6 (F4
+ 1.4x).  Now I think I may have been better off using the R8 and its
higher shutter speeds such as 1/4000th and the lens wide open without the
extender.  The shot below was taken with the straight 400 and no extender.

http://home.iSTAR.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/RNSYS/dale-1.jpg

What do the people do that shoot this stuff regularily?

Regards,

Robert