Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it i s?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:41:37 -0700

There are always anomalies Martin......

- -----Original Message-----
From: Martin Howard [mailto:marho@ikp.liu.se]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 8:22 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it
is?

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Since the younger buyers are not interested in antiques like us 40+
> folks with excess income (better known as spare change), the market
> will eventually disappear for them.

I guess I don't exist then: I'm 30, having bought into the M-gear about
a year ago, I've just got a 1930's Leica II and am currently saving up
for some LTM-lenses.  I've no interest in AF.  Couldn't care less if
Leica brought out an AF R9 or not.  I need predictive autofocus about
as much as I need horoscopes.  When I reach the "excess income"
bracket (which I am definately NOT in at the moment ;), I'll be looking
forward to getting some serious ASPH stuff and maybe an R6.2 with a
macro lens or two.

Or perhaps you were talking about the Nintendo-generation... ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------