Subject: [Leica] RE: AF & auto exposure
From: Peter Su <psu@jprc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:51:33 -0400 (EDT)

> My simple oratory is "Learn the science of photography. Apply the science
> of photography. Control the making of your images." You'll be much happier
> knowing that the work you produced, is actually your work.

Just to add to this thought:

The best situation is where your understanding of the science of
photography informs you that using the machine in auto mode will work
perfectly, so you can shoot quickly, or concentrate on composition
instead of exposure. In these situations, having auto modes is a great
convenience. But there is a difference between using auto when you
KNOW it will work, and having the machine do your work for you.

Pete