Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it is?
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 23:04:27 -0600

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:
> Perhaps you are right, but the relative age is also indicative of the age of
> the equipment and how long it has been around/collected.  I am sure we will
> find some twenty somethings who use Leica Ms as well, but it was just a
> general statement.  Most twenty somethings (and some thirty somethings and
> older) getting into photography will probably look elsewhere was my point.
> This large market of Generation X plus is being missed by Leica.

I got my first Leica about 10 years ago, while in my mid-20s. I had
known the Leica name long before, as my dad had a Pop Photo sub through
the mid-70s, and I went through all of 'em when he was done. Sure, it
was full of ads then too, but I think there was more actual content back
then, and here and there, a Leica-related article would appear, along
with stories of Eisenstadt. And even in high school, I remember at least
one classmate singing praises of his old Voightlander, and another, to a
Petri, neither of which would've been nearly so fashionable as a new
Canon F-1. Assuming this sort of thing still holds true, I'll bet some
teens would still find the Leica M really cool. Not many, but maybe
enough.

It must be tough being a focused teen these days, because there are so
many distractions out there, and most are cheaper than they were 20
years ago, if they existed at all.

Jeff