Subject: Re: [Leica] Age and Leicas (was: Canon really has...)
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:45:09 +0200

Peter Kotsinadelis wrote:

> Nowadays, when you look around, there
> are not many 14 year olds who would buy an M today, or an R for that matter.

Two weeks ago I was together with my youngest daughter (11)
at an Old Timer Rally here in Brussels.
She borrowed my M6 + 35/2 and made two films.
98% of her pictures were well exposed, sharp and correctly centered.
It was her first real try of it and she enjoyed it a lot.
She use a very decent P&S since 5 years, but never had such
good results with it (and such a good time).

Next time, I will lend her a F5 + 35-70/2,8 + SB26 (for fill in)...
;-)
And maybe a can of spinach.

More seriously, what she really enjoyed, was to understand
what she was doing, how and why.
And to see that it was much more rewarding...

I hope the future Voigtlander/Cosina rangefinder will be
really affordable.

Lucien