Subject: [Leica] Older cases and case repairs - a useful source
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:46:52 -0000

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a camera fair in London and discovered
a man who restores and sells old every-ready cases. He also offers a
repair service.

For those of us with classic cameras, this is a guy worth knowing! He
seems to have a fair range of cases available, and was able to provide
me with an ERC for a Leica IIIg and a rangefinder Contax  "from
stock".  Prices were around  $110 and $45 respectively. He doesn’t
restore a case until he’s got a customer for it, but that process
seems to take less than a week.

Inevitably such older cases show their age, but he does a good job of
restoring them to the best possible condition - for example, he
restitches the leatherwork by hand, using the original holes in the
leather.

If anyone is looking for a older pattern of case, or needs a case
repaired, I’d recommend you give him a try.

Reg Smith
Camera case sales & repairs
63 Higher Compton Road
Harley
Plymouth PL3 5JA
ENGLAND

His phone number is 1752 773790 (you’ll have to add the country code
44 for the UK). That is his home number, and will only get him in the
evenings - and that’s in the evening UK time. So from the US East
coast you’d need to call around 1 - 4pm US time, and from the West
coast around 9 - 12am.

Regards,

Doug Richardson