Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it is?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:52:30 -0400

Martin-
You exist, Martin, and should not feel you have to apologize for your taste,
or decision to use any specific camera brand or type within a brand! I can
see where someone like Harrison McClary might NEED AF as a means of making
his living, but if your 'style' of photography doesn't require AF, you
shouldn't feel that you have to rationalize your existance! Different
strokes, for different folks, as they used to say; use the tool that does
the job you're doing, in the most comfortable and efficient manner!
I would hate to go to a dentist who felt the only tool to use for root work
was a trepanning saw, or a barber who thought hedge trimmers were the
ultimate in clippers!
I am glad there are the thoughtful, deliberate, tripod using, and non-AF
people out there who enjoy the more relaxed form of photography- besides, I
can't move too quickly! I need the company!
Dan

- - Everytime I think about excercise... I lie down until the thought goes
away!