Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Rocket Science
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:43:52 +0200

"Otto J. Anshus" wrote:

> After many years of describing the importance of large and sturdy lens
> shades, Leica Germany is using rocket science on the lens shades as well.
> The result is beautifully small integrated lens shades that retracts
> automatically at any time using a (proprietary, I am sure) gravity effect.
> The result is like a "touch and go" lens shade. Now you see it, now you
> don't.

Otto,

I also vote for the return of the separate lens hood on the
following M-lenses:
50/2, 50/1,4 and 50/1.

And not because I'm backward-looking or retrograde but
because they work better as lens shades and offer a better protection.

With a separate lens hood, you don't need an UV filter...
;-)

Lucien