Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica equipment in Tokyo
From: "Bill Christensen" <billc@xsite.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:15:30 -0500

Steve,

The discount camera shops are in Shinjuku-ku which is located in NW Tokyo.
The Shinjuku-ku train station is within easy walking distance of the stores.
While I cannot remember the names, guidebooks should provide a listing.  Be
forewarned that the Shinjuku-ku station is incredibly confusing to navigate.
The Japanese are most helpful in guiding foreigners through the station.

Three years ago, Leica equipment in Tokyo was most expensive in the U.S.
since the yen-dollar exchange rate was 85 yen to the dollar.  Now, you
should be able to find some good buys.  After you return, please let us know
your impression.  I will be in Tokyo again this fall.

Good luck at the shops!

Bill Christensen