Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it is?
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:31:21 +1200

Hi Mark,

Split-Slab Rega 3 turntable with Linn K9 stylus 600 LP's ;-)

Gary

Mark Rabiner wrote:

"I have never in my life seen ONE younger 20 something or teen with a
Leica. But they must be out there some of them listen to vinyl and have
appreciation of objects of resonance."

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                'The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life'
                                            -- Richard Sennett

Gary Elshaw
Victoria University
New Zealand