Subject: [Leica] Ebay
From: "Paul Huang" <phuang@pmsoft.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:11:51 +0800

There has been quite a bit of discussion on Ebay and as I use Ebay to find
Leica stuff and sometimes sell what I don't need, I would like to share my
experiences with Ebay. As with any buys and as a buyer who wants to have a
great deal, I do quite a bit of research on prices of the things that I
want.  Price information are easily available from the web such as
Tamarkins, Keh, Dels, classic connection and a whole load of other sites.
Armed with that information, I would bid on Ebay.  By the way the
Voigtlander 15 and the Bessa body is listed for around US$2000 at Keh.
Check it out yourself.
To avoid last minute adrenaline rush that tends to cause you to overbid, put
in your max (based on the research you have done and what you could afford)
early on and let it Ebay take care of incrementing for you.

In short I think Ebay is a great source and I have got a couple of good
deals on used M2s, M3s and M6s.  The prices I got were at least $100-$200
lower than retail at the camera stores.

Hope that gives a brighter perspective on Ebay!

Paul
Lugger from Singapore