Subject: [Leica] Marking scratched on a 135mm Hektor
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:37:18 -0000

I've just bought a screw-mount 135mm f4 Hektor, and notice that there
are some markings scratched into the rear of the optical head:

1R XX H

134 5

I"m guessing that "134.5" is an indication that the exact focal length
is 134.5mm (would Leitz still be making such improvised markings in
1957?) but am mystified by the remainder, which seem to have been done
by the same individual.  (I wondered if the 1R was IR, but the first
character looks like the common European style for a hand-written 1)

Regards,

Doug Richardson