Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: typical E-bay bad deal - try this
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:38:00 -0600

>I am one of them.  Also Javier, you are forgetting the great thing that ebay
>does for the non-professional seller.  It allows you to sell items and get
>dealer(or slighty under, and in some cases over) prices for them.  Thus, now
>if you just can't justify keeping that N90 around gathering dust, your
>options are no longer a)Get raped by a dealer who wants to give you 1/2 of
>its value or b)take out a classified ad and wait, and wait, and give
>strangers your home phone number and address, etc.  Now you, Joe citizen,
>have a world-wide(or at least nation wide) market.  As an added bonus, the
>person who buys that body is getting what they consider a good deal, having
>searched the dealers only to be discouraged by their high(er) prices.  Sure
>there are dishonest ebayers out there, but there are also those who want to
>be fair.  The glass is half full.
>
>Paul Klingaman

I really don't like e-bay from a buying or selling standpoint. In fact I
don't even look there anymore except as a last resort. Try the classified
section of photo.net. I've had pretty good luck selling things there.
Without all the frenetic gambling-like last minute bidding.

At Photo.net you can even communicate and negotiate with the seller/buyer
in a civilized manner. Imagine that! You can usually establish a fair
price without resorting to the fake  auction selling of e-bay.

Henry