Subject: [Leica] Re: of fountain pens and Leicas
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 23:22:58 -0700

At 01:19 AM 6/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
><I mainly use fountain pens, non high end which gleefully renders my
>handwriting compleatly illegab&^%le. Ballpoints, artless as they are
>make it so I can occasionally read what I have written afterward. Having
>multiple generations of Medical Doctors in my genetic code makes hand
>writing an issue and thank god for this keyboard and spell checkers.
>Mark Rabiner>

I worked in Germany in the 70's. Around 4:1 Marks to Dollars. I bought a
ton of Mont Blanc writing paraphernalia. Most of which, I have never seen
yet today, available here in the US.

For the most part, I have had little trouble with Mont Blanc. Had a .7mm
pencil repaired once. Two years ago, my wife and I each bought a (new at
that time) Mont Blanc Traveler Pen with a medium OB nib. These are great
pens. Easy to fill, writes instantly even after months of sitting dormant,
and doesn't leak. The OB nib is great.

What's this have to do with Leica?

Nothing.

My three closest Leica friends also use Mont Blanc. Ernst Hartmann, Tom
Brichta, and Jeff Alford.

Now some LUG members will really think we are nuts. Both Mont Blanc AND
Leica...

How demented can we be!

Jim