Subject: Re: [Leica] HM or not ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 14:37:31 -0700

Christian Payot wrote:

> May I ask a probably thousend times asked question in LUG ?
>
> Which magnification is the "best" (may be more comfortable) finder : HM (0.85x)
> or "normal" (0.72x) ? Especially with a Summicron 35 mm ?
>
> Here there anybody who replaced his 0.76x M6 with a 0.85x M6 ?
>
> Thanks.
> Christian Payot

I like the 72 cause I can almost make out the 35mm framelines with my
glasses on and I don't think there is much difference. When I get a 24
I'll almost be able to use the whole field as a finder when I'm lazy or
in a rush.
Maybe when I have a slew of bodies I'll have a dedicated 85 body with
the motor on for shooting in the studio with the 90 and 135. Might make
it a tad better dispite lack of continuity.
Everyone got excited when the option first came out because they thought
it would match the legendary viewfinder of the M3. But it met it half
way is the way I think the numbers go. Can you live without the 28
framelines? Are you able to compare for yourself in a camera store? What
are your technical needs?
Mark Rabiner