Subject: [Leica] Re: fountain pens and Leica
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:00:52 -0700

- --=====================_425317464==_.ALT

At 11:08 PM 6/10/99 +0200, you wrote:

> Dear Mr. Brick,
> I'm very happy that your sensations about Mont Blanc pens are so good. But I
> don't know if the comparison Mont Blanc-Leica is really good...
> I'm a pen collector and my experience about Mont Blanc pens is not very good.
> Certainly Mont Blanc pens are beautiful, very balanced on hands, but, at
> least, not much reliables. In my experience there are other good pens, like
> Parker, Omas, Aurora, Waterman, much more similar to Leica products.
> I've Leica cameras from twenty years but I've had no problems; I've four Mont
> Blanc pens and I must control they every year....
>
> What do you think about other pens?
>
> Giorgio Ferrari

Well, I'm not a pen collector. In the 70's, in Germany, I picked Mont Blanc and
Rotring (Tintenkuli) as my everyday instruments of choice. And I still use
them. They have served me well.

I know there are other good (and great) pens, but being a user, not a
collector, I'm happy with what I have.

Therefore I have no knowledge of other pens.

What do you think about Pelikan? I almost bought Pelikan stuff back then.

My Leica likes my Mont Blanc stuff... Especially my new chrome M6 classic...
;-)

Jim

- --=====================_425317464==_.ALT

At 11:08 PM 6/10/99 +0200, you wrote: <br>
Brick,</font><br>
I'm very happy that your sensations about Mont Blanc pens are so good.
But I don't know if the comparison Mont Blanc-Leica is really
good...<br>
I'm a pen collector and my experience about Mont Blanc pens is not very
good.<br>
Certainly Mont Blanc pens are beautiful, very balanced on hands, but, at
least, not much reliables. In my experience there are other good pens,
like Parker, Omas, Aurora, Waterman, much more similar to Leica
products.<br>
I've Leica cameras from twenty years but I've had no problems; I've four
Mont Blanc pens and I must control they every year....<br>
&nbsp;<br>
pens?</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
Well, I'm not a pen collector. In the 70's, in Germany, I picked Mont
Blanc and Rotring (Tintenkuli) as my everyday instruments of choice. And
I still use them. They have served me well.<br>
I know there are other good (and great) pens, but being a user, not a
collector, I'm happy with what I have.<br>
Therefore I have no knowledge of other pens.<br>
What do you think about Pelikan? I almost bought Pelikan stuff back
then.<br>
My Leica likes my Mont Blanc stuff... Especially my new chrome M6
classic...&nbsp; ;-)<br>
Jim<br>