Subject: Re: [Leica] Mysterious SL2 MOT
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor.1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:34:22 +0100

Lucien wrote:

>The Leica SL2 is switched on when the rapid transport lever is swunginto the
>measuring position (in the Leicaflex SL2 Mot special model the exposure meter
>is constantly switched on)

This is harking back to the days of the early Pentaxes (great cameras and
lenses) with TTL metering.

The instructions for my venerable Spotmatic tell me to keep the lens cap on
when I'm not actually using the camera. The principle being that if there's
no light hitting the sensor,  then there's no battery drain.

That said, you would have thought that Leitz could have come up with a
better solution. I have no problem with my Nikon F2s - both fitted with
motor drives: you turn on the meter by swinging out the winder arm whether
or not you have a motor attached.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall
Nr. Cork
Ireland

also (from time to time) Farnham, England

Tel: +353 21 543 328 (H)
       +353 21 270 907 (W)
       +441 252 726 922  (Farnham)

Fax: +353 21 271 248