Subject: [Leica] Serious question about fast lenses
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 00:21:07 +0400

I have a question which has been bothering me. It may seem off-topic at
first, but it is not.

My problem is the Canon IS lenses. If this really works, then why do we
need fast lenses? I've seen some graphs which report a resolution-loss
when the IS is on, but does that really show versus a "normal" lens
which is all shaky at slow shutter times?

This is relevant to this group because I am a Leica shooter and I have
been wondering about faster Leica lenses (my fastest are Summicron).

Bernard.