Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Let's move on ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:43:23 -0700

Roger Beamon wrote:

> Sorry, Jim. This is one time I am not in league with you. These
> folk have every right to complain about the S/N ratio. They, like
> many others, thought they subscribed to a *dedicated* mailing list.
><snip>

We are not your trained seals Roger. You got a hot Leica insight or
question you want to throw up for grabs? These other naysayers don't
either. People started talking about Canon stuff, IS. Very existential
but not my particular cup of Java. Wrist watches I'd rather hear about
and my Timex cost $40 bucks. The only cure for conversion not to your
liking is to come up with an hot item more to your liking. At a social
gathering when conversion gets slack the thing to do is start talking about:
1. New Diet: A new way to chew your food to loose 10 lbs per minute. Who
barfs, who doesn't. Algae Diet.
2. Sex: who does what to who and with what and when and for how long.
3. Money: where it is and how you can get your hot little hands on it.

When they put on the Mahler and it's time to go home:
10. Hobbies and toys or ways to spend your money more creatively. That's
us folks but hopefully we go beyond that.
Mark :-) Rabiner
Let these guys dedicate themselves to thinking up new threads.