Subject: Re: [Leica] Where do elmar, summ etc come from
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:44:25 -0400

At 12:10 AM 6/14/99 +1000, Horst Schmidt wrote:
>The "Telyts" are all tele objectives . and not long focus lenses

Horst

I believe all the M/LTM Telyts ARE long-focus lenses and not telephoto
optics.  That is, they are as long as their focal length and do not use
optical compression.  At least, my three (4/200, 4.8/280, and 5/400) are
long-focus, and the other lenses in this crew I have owned or handled all
were also long-focus lenses.

I do not know enough about the R lenses to comment on these beyond saying
that I believe some of these may be telephotos.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!