Subject: Re: [Leica] Rf coupled or non-coupled
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:45:39 -0700

>David,
>
>A lens that is RF-coupled has to have something that pushes the little wheel
>inside the M mount as you change the distance. If the lens has no such thing
>(e.g. the new Heliar and Skopar lenses from Voigtlander/Cosina) then it is
>not coupled. Look at the rear end of the lens and change focus; if there is
>nothing that moves, then there is no coupling.
>
>Nathan

nathan,

i think you said you recently picked up one of those heliar 15mm's in
london - what do you think of it? have you been able to use it yet? got any
results? would you recommend it?

i'll be in amsterdam later this summer and may pick one up, if i can find
it. i've got the names and addresses of amsterdam photo shops you and other
luggers passed on to me and will make the pilgrimage. i'll keep an eye out
for that 15mm...

guy