Subject: Re: [Leica] The agony of the wait.
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:02:53 -0700

"Lee, Ken" wrote:

> I need the support of people who understand......
> Last Saturday, after long deliberation I packed up my Minivan with all my
> 4X5 equipment, a Jobo CPE processor, a 1000ws Dynalite location kit, a
> Bronica ETRS and 250mm lens and went to my local Leica dealer. In exchange
> for all that stuff, I bought a 21mm Asph and 135mm Apo.
> The painful part is that they had neither in stock.  I have to wait at least
> a week to get my hands on my new lenses.   The pain is intense.
>
> Ken

Aren't you glad you didn't have to pay someone to haul away all that junk!
I had a Garage sale and the next day hired a bin to dump the stuff that
didn't sell.
We figured out later that with the price of the bin if our marked prices
on the garage sale were the prices we PAYED people to take the stuff
away, we would have saved money by not having to get the bin.
All I can say is that you've hit the extremes on your system all you've
got to do is fill in the middle. Do you still have the Minivan or did
you give them that too?
The 135 is an unusually choice. I used the lens extensively this month
and will say you are in a ballgame that leaves the compitiion behind or
will at least inspire you. Be prepared for looser than past expected F
stop turning ring. Don't let it throw you, it's probably intentional.
I've gotten used to it.
Mark :-) Rabiner