Subject: RE: [Leica] A new era in SLR photography has arrived !
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:28:56 -0400

Dr. Black Tape wonder when we are all going to face digital reality and
realize that when a simple scan at2400 dpi of a Leica film image produces a
24-25 Meg file, and that produces an excellent print, but no exhibition
quality silver gelatin, the best of the digital field cameras are still a
veritable joke. Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound to produce an
image suitable for newspaper reproduction? Yup. Able to produce an image
that begins to compare in quality to that produced by Tri-X, your favorite
M3 with an early Summicron? No way.

On the other hand, Dr. BT notes, the F100 itself is one nifty little SLR.