Subject: [Leica] What is the use of a non-wide angle PC lens? was: Dream...
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:08:12 +0200

Bernard wrote:

> > PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D
>
> I believe this thing also tilts, no? That's nice. But tell me please...
> what is the use of a non-wide angle PC lens? Wouldn't the application be
> a *lot* more limited than a PC wide angle? The shift you can get with a
> 85mm would be very limited at a practical distance, wouldn't it. I'm
> just not sure what to think, so please enlighten me, if you will.

Bernard,

Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8:
This is the world's first 35mm-format lens with tilt and
shift movements.
Gaussian optics give high-quality delineation and true
background blur.
The lens is suited for a variety of subjects, from products
to portraits.
<http://www.canon-europa.com/cgi-bin/parser.pl?page=products&product=694&prodtype=37&subprodtype=89&range=>

PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D:
The lens, which offers 1:2 life-size macro capability, is
ideal for commercial photographers who shoot tabletop
product photos
<http://www.klt.co.jp/Nikon/Press_Release/lens_main.html>

Lucien