Subject: [Leica] Hyperfocal
From: "Edmond Kim" <edmond.kim@prudential.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:44:27 -0700

Hello all!

This oh so exciting.  When you guys start talking about hyperfocal focusing, I
usually turned myself off because I had no idea what you were talking about.  I
finally tried understanding what it was.  If I set my camera to f16, I can set
my infinity to the f16 mark on the one side, and everything between that and the
other f16 mark on the other side should be acceptibly sharp also?  If I'm
getting this right, then I will be truly excited... This opens up so much for
me!
One question.. So the hyperfocal distance is the nearest distance in that range?
Well two questions, does that mean the furthest distance in that range is the
hypofocal distance?

Thanks all!