Subject: [Leica] Re: Meter Advice
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:02:34 +1200

Gary Elshaw wrote:
snip:

> Hi All,
>
> Well, i've decided to take the plunge and buy a new light meter due to my
> desire to buy a used Summilux, displacing my MR Meter

Horst wrote:

"Gary, You are supposed to mount your Summilux on to the bayonet mount of the
camera. (Big hole roughly in the middle) and not on to the accessory shoe.That
way you can still use the Leica meter"

Very funny Horst ;-) I use an M3, and therefore have to use my external
finder for 35 framelines. But nice joke; it also might explain the calibre
of my shots recently. I might start putting the meter where the lens is
supposed to go and improve my photographs.

Take care,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                'The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life'
                                            -- Richard Sennett

Gary Elshaw
Victoria University
New Zealand