Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V9 #56
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 07:36:00 EDT

> At 07:45 PM 6/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >In fact, it would be
> >logical to assume that the F5 would have the *best* dampening system of all
> >their bodies and therefore need MLU the least.
> >
> >DT

That's what a Leica Rep told me about the R8, but you should look at the
latestest Popular Photography, Keppler's column, for an interesting test of
MLU v non-MLU, using a Nikon F5 -- up to 157% higher lines-per-millimeter
resolution, and improvemnt came throughout the 1/60-1/8 range tested.
Keppler said  he was so surprised he intends to run more tests.

Tom Schofield