Subject: [Leica] Heliar impressions
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:40:56 -0400

Having had the Contax (f8) and, for the past month, a 15mm Heliar (f4.5!)
I see no difference in the build quality or final picture results, and, if
used properly, the Heliar is no more a novelty lens than any extreme wide
angle.  Perhaps it is difficult for us to accept the fact that there is (the
15mm), and probably will be other non-Leica lenses for our M's that perform,
for all real world practical purposes, as well as Leica, for a fraction of
the cost.