Subject: RE: [Leica] Mirror Lock UP
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:42:58 -0400

> Mirror lock up was more important in the earlier technology of
> SLR cameras.
> The shutter balancing and mirror bounce mechanisms have certainly been
> refined through the years,  which may have attributed to the loss of this
> feature on many SLR cameras.
>
> However, if you use a camera hand held in the shutter shake
> territory of 1/8
> to 1/30, an M leica is still your best bet.

Dear MLU enthusiasts: I know of a wonderful accessory to all Leica M cameras
that has a mirror lock up feature and to boot it is inexpensive on the
second hand market. Also it takes the lens heads of the classic Leitz lens
designs at 65mm and above up to,  say, 1979. It is called the VISOFLEX(II or
III). I am sure Marc S. can provide (and has been providing all along)
supporting evidence.

regards, Andrew Jordan