Subject: [Leica] Re: Nitrate film
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:54:10 -0700

I doubt you have an explosion hazard with a few "snippets" of unconfined
nitrate film. When I was a little one I remember older boys making stink
bombs out of strips of movie film recovered from the trash can behind
the local theater. It burned with some vigor and smoke but no explosion.
Also, I recall reading that guerillas in WWII filled rifle cartridges
with finely chopped movie film. This was, of course, a confined
environment. This film could have also been used in their contraband
Leicas (on topic).

Bill Lawlor