Subject: [Leica] Re: MLU
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 99 06:14:38 +1000

Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> wrote:

>MLU is extremely important.

I agree.  So much so as far as I am concerned that I am
having a Nikon F2A modified to accept Lieca lenses just
so I don't have to pre-release the mirror for every damn
shot!

With the F2A, you will lock up the mirror and thats it - it stays
locked up.  Why do 35mm camera manufacturers from 1980 onwards
think this is so unimportant?...

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> added...

>it's the feature all the Ns and Cs that he's owned since 1970
>have had...and he has NEVER ...No, NEVER..used once

It really makes a difference for 1-4 sec time exposures, usually
for indoors architecture work.  In my line of work, I typically
shoot 9 shots in sequence to capture a full 360-degree VR scene -
having to pre-release the mirror for each shot (on my R6.2) is a
major pain.

So why not use a rangefinder camera?  Because I also do macro
work (100mm Apo Elmarit) and my main working lens is the 16mm
Elmarit fisheye - neither of these is at home on a M!

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

VR MEDIA  SOUND  PHOTO  JAVA
nemeng  Warrimoo   Australia