Subject: [Leica] Aftermarket LTM Lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:57:05 -0400

At 12:21 PM 6/18/99 +0300, Peeter Vissak wrote:
>Any words about the price and are there any readily available? Please let
>me know, but keep in mind I'm on budget! (sounds contradictory - on budget
>leica-buyer :-)

The Nikon and Canon lenses you list are all fine lenses.  Unfortunately,
they have now become increasingly rare collector items, especially the
Nikon lenses, so they now frequently cost multiples of what the Leica
lenses will cost you.

A much better choice, especially to an Estonian, is to pick up the fine
range of Russian LTM lenses -- not the Ukrainian FED lenses, but the
Jupiter, Orion, and Russar lenses made by KMZ, ZOMZ, and Kazan.  Wonderful
lenses and rather inexpensive.  Plus, they are available in newer versions,
the later ones being multi-coated.

(And, bluntly, they will optically outperform most of the Nikon and Canon
lenses you list, though others dissent.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!