Subject: Re: [Leica]Manipulating the price on eBay(was Weird price on eBay for 50/1.4)
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:03:10 -0700

Prices may be manipulated at eBay but I do not think that Jimmy Tong would
be foolish enough to have bid over $3000 (with the possibility of getting
stuck with having to purchase) if the item had not been worth at least that
amount to them. Two-bit dealers may play that game but Jimmy is an
established trader.
Don't forget that often dealers bid because they already have a customer for
the item at auction.
Joseph