Subject: [Leica] RE: Manipulating the price on eBay(was Weird price on eBay for 50/1.4)
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:02:15 -0600

At 03:28 PM 17/06/99 -0400, Andrew wrote:
>Geeorge: Playing outbidding games at auctions must have been going on fot
>centuries. Is it possible that a "seller" and "dealer" work in tandem to
>sell for an outrageous price to a "buyer" caught up in the collector frenzy?

I'm sure it does happen, but I was not trying to suggest that at all.  I
have bought a few items from Jimmy's, and I can say that the merchandise is
always as described, and the dealings are fair and reputable.
   It appears as if the lens may have some value to collectors, much to the
dismay of those who actually like to use Leicas to take pictures.  Some
equipment is out of reach due to the appeal to collectors.
   The other side of the coin is "seller beware."  You may be selling
something at far below value.  Seen any nice SM Leicas at flea markets
recently? ;)