Subject: [Leica] Marc's hammer
From: "Doug McLernon" <Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:59:36 +0100

I am always be guided by Marc's expert advice but I need a few questions
answered. Is a Canadian hammer as good as a Germany hammer and do you
recommend the use of Tom A's softie. Are there any collectors of hammers out
there?  The fact  the softie sits higher than the top plate has caused such
grief amongst members in past posts - I believe there is actually an
advantage in  using it  with Marc's technique  to actually protect the top
plate from dents. How high should I lift the hammer?
Regards,
Doug