Subject: Re: [Leica] CL Question
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:06:31 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/99 2:47:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
yzlee@cyberway.com.sg writes:

<< Thanks for sharing your experience on CL compatible lens.  On the 35
 Summicron, the rear element seems awfully closed to the brim and very close
 the the meter cell arm.  Is the distance between the arm and rear element
 sufficiently safe? >>

According to all the books, the only lenses you *can not* mount on the CL,
because they will crunch the meter stalk, are the collapsible lenses (ok as
long as you *never* collapse them) and early 21 Super-Angulons and 28
Elmarits (the later ones past certain serial #'s were factory modified to
trigger the meter stalk to swing away when they're mounted...at least that's
what they do on the M5).  Like I said, I've only used the CL a few times,
never owned one.  Don't take my word for gospel, check with a  repair tech or
Leica to me sure.
DT