Subject: Re: [Leica] Series filters for 19/2.8 R first type?
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:51:23 +0000

The filtering challenge with this lens is the curvature of the front
element which eliminates the use of "off the shelf" 82 mm filters -
the glass of the filter will contact the glass of the lens.

Another approach with this lens is the B+W  special wide
angle filter holder which holds an unmounted 90 mm glass filter.  It
doesn't vignette and it separates the filter from the lens element

Roy