Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: Art Peterson <peterson_art@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:01:19 PDT

If you provide information about your intended uses for the camera, I expect
LUG members with specialized experience will be able to offer you their
particularized suggestions.  What seem to me good general suggestions
include the following.  An M4 is a fine camera; but for not much more money,
you can get an M6, which will not only be newer but will also provide an
excellent built-in meter.  Choice of lenses might be influenced (in the
absence of knowing your applications) by how many you intend to buy.  If you
will purchase just one, the 50mm Summicron is a fine all-around choice; if
two, the 35mm Summicron and 90mm Elmarit (or Summicron or, my own favorite,
Tele-Elmarit) make a versatile combination; if three (but not all at once),
start with the 35mm and 90mm lenses, and add the 50mm later (or vice versa).
  I hope that helps.

Art Peterson

- ----Original Message Follows----