Subject: [Leica] Re: Getting a Leica
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 05:02:55 +0100

At 01:34 AM 6/19/99 GMT, you wrote:
>I am interested in getting a Leica. I have never owned or used one.
>
>I just want to get a basic body something like an M4 and a 35mm lens. I
>don't see myself needing any other lens maybe other than maybe a 90mm.
>
>Any suggestions?

Some would consider the M4 as a collectible. It does seem to often be
priced quite high. Have you considered an M2, M3, M4-2, or M4-P?

One useful suggestion would be to buy a book about the M cameras, like for
example "Leica M Photography" by Brian Bower, or "The Leica M Compendium"
by Jonathan Eastland. These would give you some useful introductory
information about the system that would be harder to piece together without
such a book. Any Leica dealer should be able to get these books for you.

Joe Berenbaum