Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 14:36:09 -0700

Harrison McClary wrote:

> >often hits the MLU button on his Hasselblad
> >while shooting many shots in a wedding HAND HELD!
>
> Well, I must admit to using the MLU on the 'blad..that big old mirror in
> that thing rocks the world when it is slapping around.  I looked an a
> Mamyia 7 in the local "pro" store earlier this week...looks like a pretty
> neat camera and may some time in the future sell my bald and get one of
> those, I know I'd like the 6x7 format better.
>
> Harrison McClary

We love our rangefinders; and we love our optics too. I know a guy who
is selling his Mamaya 6. Because it didn't compete with his Hasselblad
optically? That could be the reason although I have to get around to
asking him. He might be reluctant to tell be because He wants me to buy
it. I'm intrigued by the 35mm panoramic capability on the 6 and the 7
the 6 might be available much cheaper.
I anticipate the optics on these Mamiya's being a let down to the Zeiss
and Leitz acclimated. I'm sure someone is making loop de loop claims to
the contrary but I'm not sure of any consensus or impressive test
results to back that up. How good do these optics need to be? That's up
to you. You've got those Hasselblad prints hanging on your wall.
Mark Rabiner