Subject: [Leica] Super wides
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:45:35 +1000

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Just figure that for most photographic work the usefulness of
18-16 and 15mm focal length lenses on a 35mm camera is equal
to one over the focal length squared. In more understandable
terms...Why go so wide when you'll rarely use it? Ed
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For me the formula may be right, but I love using the wides, and the
formula would be even more true for the longer lenses in my hands. I find
the 15 super elmar and 21 on the M [and the 30mm on my blad and does the
Rolleiwide count- probably not] the most important lenes outside the
"normal" documentary range of 28 to 90

Cheers

Alastair Firkin